Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Have Seen the Light...

Seeing the light...

I've seen it, and so has my dog, Rudy.

No, this is not a religious episode, but a full-blown glory of light. Last night, while walking the aforementioned Rudy, I noticed something different. Instead of weak yellow light, barely lighting the Avenues, I saw bright white.

It was so bright that I was actually able to see down the street...and Rudy was able to see the many cats out on their nightly prowl. I know that dogs smell better than they see but Rudy had a field day (or night, per se) and then, that's when it struck me that DWP has been sneaking around our neighborhood and installing the new LED street lights. While this was supposed to happen in November and December, I'm sure they were delayed by the unseasonal rains.

As such, these new lights not only will save energy, they are also of a different spectrum so that light is evenly distributed.

Take an evening walk yourself, and see the difference the "light" makes in the Avenues.

See you around the Avenues!








No comments:

Post a Comment